Senior Data Engineer
RemoteArgentina, Buenos Aires, Buenos AiresBusiness Intelligence
Trafilea is a global company that builds communities and transformative brands. We own the brands and take care of the entire customer journey, to deliver wow-worthy experiences that influence and empower millions of people globally.
Our culture is fast-paced and dynamic. We are data-driven enthusiasts, passionate about marketing, exponential technologies, and innovation.
We have over 300 hundred employees working around the world, connected by the same purpose and core values. Our support for this new way of working has led to being featured in Forbes and FlexJobs as one of the Top 25 Companies for Remote Workers.
We are looking for dynamic, dedicated, and committed individuals with a strong desire to grow, that can drive the brand forward on its truly exciting journey.
We're looking for a passionate and methodical Senior Data Engineer, to provide expertise to build and maintain data pipelines and data model pipelines for new and existing products in the company’s data platform, that will impact directly Trafilea’s growth. Must be passionate about data architecture and data warehouse, to create scalable and reliable frameworks to ensure cost-effective and accurate data extraction & transformation pipelines.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Analysis, Design, implementation, and maintenance pipelines that produce business-critical data reliably and efficiently using cloud technologies.
- Develop new ETLs, using the current Apache Airflow. Propose new initiatives to improve performance, scalability, reliability, and overall robustness.
Collect, process, and clean data from different sources using Python & SQL.
- Work side by side with the main Architects and Developers to create and ensure best practices and guidelines are being used properly by all projects.
- Assess and communicate effectively the effort for required developments.
- Discover new data sources to improve new and existing data pipelines. Be in charge of building and maintaining data pipelines and data models for new and existing projects.
- Maintain detailed documentation of your work and changes to support data quality and governance.
- Provide feedback and expert points of view as needed to help thrive all data initiatives in the company.
- Improve the quality of existing and new data processes (ETL), incorporating statistical process control, creating alerts when anomalies are received from data sources on every step of the pipeline.
- Create benchmark control of execution times for every pipeline, to control and identify potential availability issues.
2-3 years of experience as a Data Engineer, ML Engineer, or similar.
2+ years of experience using Python object-oriented programming and scripting.
Strong experience creating data pipelines and ETL processes in modern technologies using Apache Airflow as the main workflow management tool.
2+ years of experience with the AWS data ecosystem (S3, Glue, Athena, Redshift, Lambda, EC2, RDS ...)
Experience with large-scale data and query optimization techniques using SQL.
Experience managing and monitoring data lakes systems.
Strong experience using source control management and CI/CD (GitHub actions/Gitlab pipelines).
Nice to have: Experience with containerized (Docker, Kubernetes) environments in AWS using EKS/ECS and ECR.
Nice to have: Knowledge and hands-on on cloud stream-processing systems.
Nice to have: Hand-on IAC solutions like Terraform or CloudFormation.
What We Have to Offer:
Proximity doesn’t influence productivity. As a globally distributed team, you can live and work wherever you want.
A rich experience including the opportunity to collaborate with world-class talents. Encouraging transparency and open communication to all.
A data-driven, dynamic, energetic work environment, full of talented, goal-oriented, and empathetic people working together to grow and develop both as professionals and human beings.
A safe space to be who you truly are. We embrace and support diversity, equity and work hard every day to keep becoming more inclusive.
Openness to new ideas and initiatives: You can always join a squad, tribe, or committee, start new ones. Bring your hobbies and passions and transform them into projects!
For more benefits please visit our Trafilea web Site.
Are you ready? Apply for this position today and join the fastest-growing startup in the world!